This is my quick ‘n’ number of items you need to do to successfully keep your poultry through the winter period.
They will slowdown egg laying or stop altogether but you can keep them happy enough in the really cold weather.
– dry coop
– remove drafts which chill them
– provide high protein layer mash – 19%
– keep them secure from foxes etc that may be looking for winter food themselves
– create a lower roof for them, since heat rises, they prefer to be up higher where the heat is preserved if possible
– keep a good layer of bedding, as they poop, all that collected pooped will keep the coop warmer as well as it composts
Please Subscribe to my channel or check out my blog at http://ift.tt/1Fi8bJg .
Thanks for watching!
Videos recorded with a Garmin Virb.
Bible Prophecy, Homesteading, DIY, Solar, Renewable Energy,How To,Food
This post has already been read 730 times!