66 total views, 1 views today
It's been a while but I've come back to the Ipad. Where was I? I was hooked on the blackberry play book for. A while. It really is a great device though blackberry lacked in a number of areas:
- First is apps, they didn't haver. As many apps. And that's not totally bad as long as the websites work in he browser. Unfortunately a bunch didn't like mint.com. Their interface didn't work on play book :/. It also didn't have my roast master app or anything like it. Roast master was really the big app I wanted, alone with flipboard
- They don't have flipboard yet, sure I side loaded the android version but its outdated, and slow on the hardware. Not the full experience
- No bb10 yet? Where is it? I was holding out for 10 and there is no word on it, not hardly even an estimate
- And with bb10 it doesn't even have many of the big apps yet like flipboard :/
- Blackberry is totally not focused on providing a good tablet experience or improving what they have. No fixes or updates in months' no sign of things to come or a cross pollination of the big apps that are on android or iOS.
- The screen is actually a little small for what I want I've found. I like the full ipad screen as compared to a 7 inch
- My play book didn't have 3G. That was a big thing, sure I can purchase the 3G version of it for a bundle but it would still have all the other drawbacks and more expensive 3G. Still can't beat pay as you go 15 a month with the ipad plans
It's sad, I was hoping they would catch up to android and iOS but it doesn't appear that it's any kind of a focus from the company, indeed all signs really indicate that they almost wished t hey hadn't bothered with it… Ohwell. No one has apple beat yet, apple is still miles ahead of the competition!
This post has already been read 1071 times!