60 total views, 1 views today
My iPhoto library decided to have a cow and show that I had only 1 photo in my entire library. I couldn’t search or view any of the photos and my events were all messed up. I didn’t quite panic, I knew I had a full backup but I also remembered I could rebuild the iphoto library somehow so I googled it of course.
I figured the photos would be there, the software doesn’t magically delete them, it just got its own database messed up to where it didn’t know where they were… or something to that effect.
Here are the steps on that link:
To rebuild the iPhoto library:
- Quit iPhoto if it is open.
- Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard.
- Open iPhoto.
- Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library.
- A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select the options you want to use.
- Click Rebuild to begin the rebuild process. This may take a few minutes to complete.
This fixed mine quite quickly, all back in order! Way faster and safer than restoring the whole library! Check these things out before you do anything to your library.
This post has already been read 927 times!